There are treats, and then there are special treats. With just a few ingredients, these Beef Balls are simple to put together and your dog will love them to bits.
Makes 40 treats
1/2 lbs. uncooked ground beef
1/4 cup beef broth
1/3 cup mashed chickpeas
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 F degree oven.
- Combine ground beef and beef broth in large bowl. Stir well.
- In separate bowl, mash chick peas. Add mashed peas, parsley and cottage cheese to beef mixture and combine.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture and roll into balls with your hands. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
These little meatballs remind me of the ones you’re served at cocktail parties. If you’re throwing a party for your pup, these Mini Beef Balls would make the perfect hors d’oeuvre!
Amy Tokic, Editor of Our Site , is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).